Congratulations! You finally decided to re-decorate a part of your house. Using wall decals or wall stickers is an easy way to revamp any room in your house. Although these are made for quick application, there are things you need to do before you decorate. Here are no-fail ways to install wall stickers and decals.
1. Finding the perfect spot
- Look for a space that needs a new look.
- Measure the space you choose and take into consideration the wall color or the other decorations around it. For example, if you will use nursery wall stickers, you have to make sure that the color and decorations have the same or matching theme.
- Plan how you will position your stickers or decals.
2. Cleaning the space
- A damp cloth should be used to clean the area you will decorate. Because you will stick something on the wall, it is important that you remove the dust on it. If you decide to repaint the wall, you need to wait for 2 to 3 weeks before you install your stickers or decals.
3. Positioning the decal and sticker
- Flatten your wall stickers from wall stickers Australia on a flat and hard surface using a squeegee. You can also use heavy books to remove curls up.
- To position the sticker or decal on your wall, you can use masking or painter’s tape. This will help you to visualize the location and arrangement clearly. Never skip this step even with removable wall stickers.
- A level can help in straightening the sticker or decal. You can download free apps on your smartphone in case you don’t have an actual level on hand.
- Move the level left, right, up, or down until the air bubble is at the middle.
- Place a line on the edge of the level that will serve as your guideline.
1. Transferring the sticker or decal
- With the lines outlined on your wall, make sure to apply the fabric wall decals as close to these lines as possible. Therefore, you need to focus hard when you do this.
- Afterwards, you need to take the sheet that covers the adhesive sheet of the decal.
- Use the guideline to stick your decal. Remember not to rush when you do this.
2. Smoothening the sticker or decal
- When you finish sticking the decal, slowly remove the paper backing from one side carefully. The paper backing covers the decal design, so you should take your time.
- If the paper backing becomes stubborn, just spray a very small amount of water.
- Don’t force to peel the decal off if it sticks to the paper backing. Just stop and carefully apply again.
- Use a credit card or squeegee to smoothen the decal. However, be extra careful if you use fabric wall stickers as your decoration. Start from the middle then work your way through the outer edge of the decal. This is to remove or avoid air bubbles from forming.
- For non-flat or textured walls, put a soft cloth around your squeegee so that the decal can stick well.
3. Separating the transfer sheet
- The transfer sheet is a paper that covers the decal. Thus, you need to remove this after setting the decal on your wall.
- Start at the upper corners and slowly peel the sheet in downwards and away from your decal.
- If the decal accidentally comes off from your wall, rub the decal using your finger or squeegee.
Finally, you now know the steps and tips on how to install new decals and non-toxic wall stickers. They will surely help you give your room a fresh look. Remember that some wall stickers and decals don’t stick well if the walls are cold. Therefore, it’s better to make the room warm first before working with these.